PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Hobbies
Thread: Pilot Hobbies
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2003, 00:37
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm, spare time pursuits when not flying on the cattle station..... Now let me see.....

Apart from the blantantly obvious ones such as drinking etc, I've been far too busy in the past six months in my spare time........ Hazard reduction on the airstrip (roo's), fencing, bore-runs, mustering, roping, drafting, tail-tagging, turning micky bulls into bullocks, branding, driving cattle road trains, scrubbing troughs, fixing bores and windmills that wont run, rebuilding engines for the station vehicles, shooting feral cats - wild dogs - camels etc, barman, accomodation booking clerk, bowser attendant, cleaner, cook, forklift driver, laundry helper, fighting bushfires, dozer driver, grader driver, backhoe operator, drilling rig offsider, post hole digger, wire strainer, riding wild emus, bull catching, plumber, drainer, building new cattleyards, front-end and suspension mechanic, raking leaves, feeding birds, dragging dead kangaroos and cattle off the highway, building sheds, welding - both oxy- mig and arc, dropping doughnuts in the utes, motor bike riding, skiing on salt lakes, quad bike mechanic, signwriter, painter, bullbar fabricator, and overhauling carburettors.

Just as well I was a mechanic and working in the building industry in another life.....

Oh, and I'd like to say I've been fishing too, but the closest water was some 600nm distant......

For those of you who didn't/don't wanna move away from the capital cities etc to further your flying....... You dunno what you're missing!