PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathays 49ers
Thread: Cathays 49ers
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2002, 23:30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a retiree after some 28 years with CX I can say I am disgusted by the company's behaviour in the sacking of those 49 individuals.

By the same token having flown with a handful of them (and knowing a dozen more of them) I can say in all honesty that I am not surprised some were sacked judging by their previous attitude and behaviour on occasion.
At the same time I know of a few guys there that did their jobs well and although one was rehired a few good men are still out of work (and worse still - Limbo).

Some very valid points have been made by both sides but let's face some facts:

The management must be seen to save face as their credibility will be severly undermined if they back down.
Dont even expect a backdown now after so long.

Secondly the recruitment ban has not seemed to work very effectively and as one soul mentioned very accurately, all it serves to do is to keep good people out and allow those who dont give a damn in.

Thirdly as mentioned,CX dont need a reason to terminate a contract as long as they fork out the 3 months termination pay then their legal (not moral) obligations are satisfied.

Fourthly I met a few F/O's recently that have had enough of paying the 4% but have stated its not worth withdrawing their HKAOA membership because of all the grief they'll receive from other members.
Sounds like the prospect of bullying may be alive just as it was in certain trade unions in Oz.

Pretty damned sad and as plastique mentioned its just served to divide the CX crew and HKAOA members.

The management must read this site and laugh themselves stupid as their plan to divide has reigned supreme!
The fact that members are paying bills for those 49 must really make those same managers go to bed at night with a smile on their face as it serves as the perfect vehicle to p!ss people off - the hip pocket - and all members are affected no less!

Sad as it is just move on, get on with your lives and cut the losses as this is an unwinable crusade.

You may well criticise my posting and disagree but where do the HKAOA members honestly see this going and for how much longer will the members be willing to give 4% of their salaries????

Perhaps the association president or committee would like to comment?

Enough is enough and as this protracted affair draws on the AOA membership will go down with it and further destabilise the pilot base.

Who will back down first?
Well it aint going to be the company - thats a certainty!

Last edited by 1013; 31st Dec 2002 at 23:44.