PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's On: Iran Closes Straits Of Hormuz, Oil Explodes
Old 8th Jul 2012, 15:18
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow...what arguments.

how easy it is to say using nukes was wrong...the men who made the decision in 1945 to drop the nukes are all gone and can't speak for themselves. but I support their decision without hesitation.

terrorism has a definition. it is the adroit manipulation of fear. the 911 attack was to strike fear, not to disrupt supply chains of ball bearings.

if al qaeda's fighting men had uniforms with funny helmets and funny markings, the US and her allies could simply find them and shoot them.

but when the fighting men of al qaeda wear skirts like women and hide among women...sadly, innocents will die too.

burning tokyo from the air with thousands of fire bombs shortened the war. at some point, either your enemy realizes the futility and sues for peace, or as Gen. Curtiss Lemay said: you keep killing them till they can't fight anymore.

THE US has spent a fortune trying not to kill innocents. How simple (and cost effective) it would have been to say: afghanistan, we don't want to send our troops, so we will just kill you all.

but we didn't.

I notice the new zealander whose view is so different from others. I can't even believe New Zealand has no air force (fighters) . Issolation...works wonders.