PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's On: Iran Closes Straits Of Hormuz, Oil Explodes
Old 8th Jul 2012, 10:31
Jagdfalke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
History - 'knowledge from inquiry'

Those who are quick to label people as revisionists or apologists should give that some consideration next time they read something that differs from the official party line.

Noone is making apologies for the Nazis. What they did was horrific. But that doesn't make it ok to wage terror campaigns against people who had nothing to do with those atrocities.

As i said earlier, there is never a good reason to target civilians, regardless of whatever 'side' they happen to be on.

Thats partly because we were better at disrupting (i.e. bombing) their production and supply than they were ours. Our targeting was better, our production was better dispersed, and our intelligence was better.Oh - and our bombers were better designed
I don't think anybody is arguing the capability of the RAF? But yes, correct on all counts. The allied bombing capability far exceeded that of the axis powers, and that is exactly why they were able to inflict such heavy losses on their civilian targets (which if i'm not mistaken, was the original argument anyway).

Slightly off-topic question - but are any of you boys in the forces?

Last edited by Jagdfalke; 8th Jul 2012 at 10:31.