PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2012, 10:22
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
I read an interview with RTM representative who said that RTM didn't want to prostitute itself to Ryanair.
Well they can always hedge their bets on Europort Express!

History tends to show that those airports which don't want to prostitute themselves usually end up doing so, although I would have thought at RTM they would also face a slots / noise issue.

It wasn't too long ago that suggestions were being made that FR was looking at AMS too.

In 2000 ez was trying to get into AMS, but was blocked. They tried RTM and received a similar reply. Neither happened and HV started a RTM base instead. Admittedly ez is now a different animal, FR is not. Perhaps the burgers of RTM have still the same attitude. MST is one of the most noise sensitive airports in Netherlands. Why do you think Transavia never had a base there? It used to be a very strict 0600-2300. I would have thought that too restrictive for RYR. Scheduling up to 22.45 is one thing, achieving it on a regular basis is another. However, combined with CRL, NRN, HHN then MST or EIN would fill a gaping hole in geographical coverage and should turn the region into blue & yellow. I'd be curious to know what the financial deal with MST is. They would not like to be pushed around. The locals got rid of the night freight business and even Air Exel went bust. MST seems to be a grave yard for airlines, but good luck. Did ez not close down its only route to Berlin?