PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College - Florida Ops closure
Old 4th Jul 2012, 19:15
Cows getting bigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, but this isn't just a PTC issue, it is industry wide. If people stopped for a moment and removed their rose-tinted spectacles, they would actually understand why the vast majority of companies asks for cash up front. There is one reason, and one reason only - liquidity. Indeed, if one were to take a look at their accounts, it could be argued that many companies are trading in liquidation (OK, legislation indicates that a business is not insolvent as long as it can pay its bills but the reality is that many companies do not have the ability to service all their creditors).

Sure, if someone offers you 5% discount if you buy 10 hr blocks then that isn't a bad risk, especially if your Barclaycard/MasterCard will take the pain (and risk). But the thought of someone paying tens of thousands up-front to a company, or worse a set of partnered companies, is indicative that the 'customer' may have a six pack but they are lacking the plastic bit that holds it all together.

Please, please, please don't allow anyone to convince you that paying up front is good and proper. If you came to our school and offered me the full amount, in cash, for your CPL/ME/IR, I would kindly refuse your offer and give you the contact details of a good psychiatrist.

MJ is spot on.