PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College - Florida Ops closure
Old 4th Jul 2012, 16:20
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We did flame and some of us went to the bother of getting some of there advertising banded in the UK at least.

Sticking comments up on a BB may have the desired effect but it is relatively easy for the person they are aimed at to have them removed by threats of legal action. If the person that posted them doesn't have to balls to call thier bluff away they go.

ASA Adjudication on The Pilot Training College - Advertising Standards Authority

That finding is nearly two years old the people in training at the time will have all finished. Anyone who spends the amount of money required needs to have due caution before committing funds.

I do have some sympathy with the on going stream of dreams that have been blown out the window. BTW I think there will be several more schools go the same way over the next year. But there is only so much people can say.

In 2000 when I started looking at training the advice on here was don't pay up front. People still do and still get shafted when companys go bust. There must have been over 1000 pilots lost money to schools going bust since I started flying include PPL schools as well must be over 2000.

Will that fact change people paying up front and not doing there homework?

Nah will it hell.