PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College - Florida Ops closure
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 15:26
falconflyer83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PTC

Hi everyone,

First of all, before anything else just in case you are too bored to read my post down to the end :

DO NOT GIVE A SINGLE CENT TO PTC

PTC ops in Florida have been terminated due to the failure of PTC to pay their host and training provider in the USA, FIT. They owe them over 1M€.

PTC's CEO, Mike Edgeworth, appears to have financed some of the students' training with new guys' money but the company as a whole has a debt of over 7M€. Anyone not knowing about the Ponzi's pyramidal system, you'll be interested to know that as the last arrived, you will probably never see your money back.

That's one warning for people who are still looking for a way of getting their ATPL(f) and who are actually looking at a way of wasting 100K€ in a black hole, with nothing in return, and certainly not a well paid job.

For those of you who are already there, I would highly recommend to terminate your contract IMMEDIATELY and ask for your money back (knowing that PTC will certainy say "dear student, please go **** yourself"). In such case, all of you guys can add up your efforts, and altogether get a group of lawyers to defend your rights. You won't get a peanut individually, but 200 students against 1 crook can give you a chance...
Whoever has the personnal numbers of people at PTC should call them to say you want to terminate your training immediately, and pass the numbers on to everyone else !

PTC will certainly try to reassure you, but this situation has been lasting for over a year and no student was really informed, or the "info" was more "intox", exactly like it is now : "it's FIT's fault". Yeah yeah whatever : PTC owes FIT 1M€ but it's FIT's fault.

Just LEAVE, and remember : YOU are the ******* customer ! They will certainly say they will ruin your career as well, DON't BELIEVE THEM ! I pissed them off when I was there, they certainly hate me, but I got a job anyway. And what they say is worthless to airlines : nobody wants to hear them anymore.

Good luck everyone, and remember 2 things : "YOU are the customers", and "the more people you are against them, the more power you'll have to get something".

I wish you good luck