PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 14:31
Jetlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only base my views on personal experience and the experiences of those around me. Obviously people come through the modular route and end up where they want to be and I sincerely hope that those of you who've started training this way are successful.

Unfortunately I know too many people who have started their training under the illusion that they can get into the right hand seat of a shiny jet by taking the cheapest route. I don't care what you say, airlines do look for quality and continuity in training and unfortunately that rarely comes cheap. I'm not in a privileged position by any means, I mentioned the point about parents money because a lot of people do have the backing of their family and if you have this option then I think you should use it.

Obviously you may be happy to get any job flying, I wanted to get a return on my investment and I felt that the route I took provided me with the best chance in this highly competitive industry. I didn't want to fly some gaffer taped Jetstream around Eastern Europe because I knew it wouldn't provide me with the lifestyle I wanted. At the end of the day whether it be 60k or 100k we are still talking about a serious amount of cash and I still maintain that if you have it and are prepared to work hard then don't be afraid to use it.

Last edited by Jetlad; 3rd Jul 2012 at 14:54.