PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College - Florida Ops closure
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 10:58
PTCstudent123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heres the statement given by PTC it has had a few additions but some of them are read only and I cant copy the text

First of all, on behalf of PTC, I want to sincerely apologise for the disruption that is being caused to your flight training.
PTC has found it necessary to challenge FIT in relation to their failure to deliver training in accordance with the training contract between PTC and FIT. FIT have failed over a protracted period to deliver training on schedule and in accordance with our contract. We have been actively involved in trying to resolve this issue for several months. We have had no option other than to bring this issue to a head. Unfortunately, the response from FIT has been to terminate all training and issue notice of cancellation of the contract.

PTC is in active negotiations with an alternative provider and we have informed FIT that this is our intention. We are unable to provide any further information at this time as these negotiations are delicate and protracted.

Please bear with us as we work towards bringing about a solution to these difficulties. We will keep everybody informed as the situation develops.

Capt. Mike Edgeworth,

Dear Staff & Students,

Thank you all for your patience and understanding at this time. We are continuing to work towards a solution to these difficulties and will ensure that you are updated as the situation develops. The statement issued here on June 27th will provide you with the current information.

We have confirmed from FIT that all visas are current and there is no immediate plan to change this status. Once further information is available we will update you all.

I appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.

Mike Edgeworth,

Dear Students:

PTC, FIT and the IAA have been in discussion in relation to the training stoppage at PTC Florida. Progress is being made on a solution that will resolve the issues involved and allow training to recommence. The IAA has sent a senior manager to meet with all parties to assess the situation and to explore how the training of all cadets can be completed to the satisfaction of all concerned. All efforts will be made to make this a smooth transition so that all PTC students are minimally impacted. Additional information will be provided at the beginning of next week as this transfer process unfolds. Thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,

Dr. Ken Stackpoole

I am waiting on my thread to be approved called PTCSTUDENT which has information people should know about whats happening over in florida. I have been in contact with friends in florida via facebook and I have copied the conversation for everyone to read. From what I have heard its not looking good for ptc as a whole.