PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jumpseats
Thread: Jumpseats
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2012, 13:01
Dan Winterland

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Ref KS JS

The system on the KA website isn't working as advertised at the mo. Captains are not getting e-mail notifications of JS requests, and it they are as reticent as me about clicking on Crew Direct (because we don't like getting bad news) then the chances are your request may not be noticed. I would suggest a private e-mail asking for you request to be considered. Personally, I don't mind this and will always reply. I will also try and allocate as I see fit taking into account that some of the KA crew can use cabin JS.

Also, some like me leave it for a while before acknowledging the request so they can prioritise. On a recent HKT flight, I had six requests, four from pilots. I'm sorry CX guys, the KA pilot and his wife got on first. As it happened, despite showing red/red, there was twenty seats available down the back as I suspect a travel agent cancelled their allocation - common on the HKT and BKI flights.

As an aside, I have only had one acknowlegdement to the JS requests I have made on CX.