PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2012, 16:26
harer92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCX69, like Mr Spotty M stated above me, Monarch have instantly seen a gap emerge in the market and have pounced upon it and are beginning to fill that gap in quite nicely. Albeit for the time being the service will be operated by other carriers, but their service levels should and probably will be expected to be on par with Monarch's own standards of service. I think it is best that Monarch have added flights from said airports, rather than having none at all.

As soon as the new aircraft are procured, there will be no leased in aircraft at these two bases, as they will be replaced with a MON aircraft... As far as i am aware/

Crewmeal, Ok Monarch have had a couple of delays now and then from a variety of airports - some of them small and some of the nastily long. But i dont see why people are constantly moaning about Monarch all the time. All airlines have delays, and this could be for a variety of reasons such as technical faults, emergency landings, delays in airport/air traffic control, all of which lead to knock on effects to airlines schedules. This happens all of the time with airlines such as TCX or TOM. I remember those 2 airlines had quite a bad summer a couple of years ago. Airlines utilise their aircraft more in the summer season than in winter, thus making them more prone to delays and faults etc. This cannot be helped, Monarch are trying their best to rectify the problems asap and are keeping to schedule most of the time. They are also updating their fleet with newer more efficient models i.e getting rid of a300 aircraft aswell as older a320s and b757s.

Also with regards to your comment on customers not using Monarch again in the future just because of a delay, would you say the same thing if a BA or Emirates flight was delayed? Monarch have a very loyal fan base which is ever expanding. If customers did not want to use them at all due to delays that they have had, then why are they showing stats on their website which are showing that their load factors and what not are increasing compared to the year before?

Rant over. Apologies if it seems that i am giving you a grilling, it is not intended, i am merely stating my opinion, while at the same time accepting and acknowledging yours.

Last edited by harer92; 30th Jun 2012 at 16:41. Reason: Added another comment to another user.