PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on buying a aircraft
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2012, 09:45
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crash one
I think your attitude to those who maintain C of A aircraft requires a little adjustment, it is not a case of simply throwing your cheque book after the aircraft and being ripped off as your post suggests.

The fact is that no one in the GA maintenance world is making much money (except the CAA) by the time the overheads are covered and the cost of having someone maintain your aircraft be it permit or C of A will be the same for the labour if you are getting a skilled service.
A&C
I am not suggesting that they are all a rip off. Nor did I suggest that it is the org that gets the money. I am well aware that a piece of paper can cost ££££, & CofA approval etc.
What I am suggesting is that the CofA system is far more expensive than the permit system for the same result. I am an engineer (toolmaker) not an aeromech, but I "understand" & will not believe that aeroengineering is any more difficult than "my" kind. The CAA charging vast sums of money to "certify" everything & everybody does not make the actual work carried out any better.