PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do I cope with ATPL and University at the same time?
Old 29th Jun 2012, 18:31
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm aware that getting a degree is vital, especially a good one, unfortunately physics was my good degree, most people think sports science is a joke unfortunately which it is to some extent but harder than what most people think. I'll keep working at it though since a degree today is really important. Although unfortunately I'm not the kind of guy meant for uni.
Whoever has been feeding you this destructive line of codswollop.

There are three reasons to do a degree:-

(1) Fascination with the subject
(2) To enter a graduate profession
(3) An opportunity to live independently and do some growing up.

You've done (3) already with the couple of years before you flunked out of physics, you're not describing a fascination with either physics or sports science, and flying is (with a few exceptions such as a career military officer, or a test pilot) not a graduate profession.

If you aren't suited to a degree, and haven't a reason to have one, stop wasting everybody's time and money.

If you want to be a professional pilot, go and get on with it, and get rid of this delusion that you "need" a degree - you almost certainly do not and are wasting much time and money in flogging this particular dead horse.

G