PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India stops negotiation adopts new strategy
Old 29th Jun 2012, 11:30
edisontrent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Gestapo

So I've been called:

1) A dumb and only child.
2) An imbecile.

Why don't you counter my points, instead of attacking me personally? Do you have a certain vendetta against me? Do you think that an attempt to deface my reputation or calling me names might render my pro-pilots viewpoint null and void?

Air India pilots have been called:

1) Underachievers.
2) Obsessed with themselves.
3) Morons.

I'm sure that those evacuations from Tripoli, Japan, Kuwait, etc would go a long way from removing any doubts about their achievements. Also, flying with so many of your national civil aviation authority's special flight duty dispensations would say that they are certainly no morons. Also, flying without pay for such a long time and also without leave for the better part of their career for thesake of passengers due to crew shortage would lay waste to claims that remark about them being obsessed with themselves.

Certain other points raised by you were:

1) Cost of training per Airbus pilot with respect to the Boeing lot.

Average cost of training a Boeing 737/777 pilot on a 787 is approximately $50,000, including your country-specific check rides. For an Airbus 320/330 rated pilot to convert on the 787s is approximately $200,000. Multiply that by 8 crew per aircraft for 27 planes and then you tell me how many would your airline save? I did the math, why don't you? It ain't a few thousands, my friend, it runs in a few millions. And then that's only dollars that you calculated. Now how many people could be paid their pending dues February onwards with that kinda money? How much will you get?

2) A certain pilot running off from his hunger strike for a drink fed to him by a company doctor supposedly pilfered from a flight to come back and continue on his hunger strike.

Well, I don't know what is going on back there now. So I can't really comment on anyone quitting on his manner of agitation. But you seem to be sure about him drinking, yes? Have you seen it? Are you sure it was pilfered? Did you accuse a company doctor of giving him alcohol? Not only you seem delusional, but having a severe lack of respect for medical ethics as well.

Even if he/she did quit, I'm sure that you can set a new world record on going hungry, yes? Since those striking pilots aren't able to stick it out for a few days without food, you can show them how it's done.

Even if one pilot did quit, how many are there still protesting, now for the 6th or the 7th day without food? Surely, one person ran off but close to 10-15 are still there sticking it out. Despite that, if your source of information says that he's joined back, after his little drink you say, I guess they all got some balls going against the tide, and they keep coming back for more.

My friend, except calling you delusional, you might notice I did not have to call you any names or disrespected you. I answered all your points with sufficient reason and justification behind it. You don't have to get rude to make yourself heard. This is a public forum, and I would appreciate if we all share some mutual respect here.

On another note, were you so anti-pilot during last year's strike as well?