PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do I cope with ATPL and University at the same time?
Old 29th Jun 2012, 07:14
funkydreadlocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@taxistaxing

Well I feel a lot better knowing I have 36 months to get the CPL and co. I'm aware that getting a degree is vital, especially a good one, unfortunately physics was my good degree, most people think sports science is a joke unfortunately which it is to some extent but harder than what most people think. I'll keep working at it though since a degree today is really important. Although unfortunately I'm not the kind of guy meant for uni.

@FlyingStone

I'm aware you don't need MEP or MCC to freeze the ATPL, but I need flight experience to get to that stage, so MEP is a great watt to consolidate. Also, my instructor said it's best to do the CPL before IR (hold your horses!) because 1) the IR training is a lot more rigid, and the CPL is a great way to transition from PPL to professional training 2) If I get my CPL it's easier to get a part time voluntary job in a skydiving or gliding club to consolidate more hours for free, reducing training costs.

@BerksFlyer

I know there's no way to do the ATPL during physics, I've been there mate!