PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do I cope with ATPL and University at the same time?
Old 28th Jun 2012, 17:43
taxistaxing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without wanting to sound too cynical, I look back on my time at uni and remember thinking i was 'busy'. In hindsight, I wasn't!

Believe me once you start working your perception of how busy you are will change ! As you say you don't take work home with you - but in my job you simply don't go home until your work is done! Try opening an ATPL book after 15 hours in the office... In hindsight I wish I'd done my ATPLs when I was at uni rather than now when I'm working.

In terms of balance you just have to find something that works for you and your routine. For me this is getting up at 0530 every day and working through to 0830 before leaving for work, as I'm lucky to have a very short commute. That way I can hit the 15 hours a week recommended study time, and evenings are my own (when I'm not stuck at work that is). In your situation, if something has to give, it should probably be the hour building at this stage... You can't start the CPL until you have the groundschool done and dusted after all.