PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do I cope with ATPL and University at the same time?
Old 28th Jun 2012, 17:10
funkydreadlocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy How do I cope with ATPL and University at the same time?

Hey!

I'm starting my ATPL distance learning with Bristol.gs as soon as my course pack arrives for the first module (exams 1-8). I'm a bit nervous because although now's the summer holidays, in september I go back to university, so I'll be doing two courses at the same time. On top of that I'll have absolutely no time to consolidate my hours other than during the holiday so that I can move up to the next step of my professional training. To make matters worse, my girlfriend lives next to Malaga, a full 2000km away from Edinburgh where I study and she is going on to 5th year medicine. Things are quite serious between us and I really don't want lose the relationship (older guys, please don't scoff, remember what it's like to be in a serious relationship in your early-20s).

Has anyone done something similar? I know some people work and study the ATPL, but it's not the same thing because unlike students most jobs doesn't involve bringing work at home (although I'm not trying to undermine the efforts of those who undertook the task).

So my questions are 1) Is Bristol.gs distance learning as good as people say? 2) Do you have any tips to cope with it? 3) Should I focus full time on the ATPL, or make some time to consolidate at least 50h PIC so that I can start at least the MEP rating etc to eventually go onto CPL 4)Anything else to add that might change my perspective on things?

Thanks lot!