PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting questions concerning your aircraft
Old 28th Jun 2012, 10:03
kharmael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the lowest altimeter setting capacity of each altimeter installed?

Lower than I've ever needed to set.

Does your aircraft flight recorder include your satellite telephone communications?

No

What units of measurement do each of your altimeters display? Inches of Mercury? Millibars? hectoPascals? Millimeters of Mercury?

mb and InHG

What is a hectoPascal?

SI equivalent of a mb in both quantity and scale.

Is your aircraft equipped with a Wide Area Augmented System (WAAS) Global Positioning System (GPS)?

No

Is your aircraft certified under Part 25? or Part 23?

What is the lowest Pavement Classification Number (PCN) number that your aircraft requires concerning runway strength?

Never have to think about it, though there is a good book I carry around with me that will tell me.

Do you ever use reduced thrust power for takeoffs?

Never

Who makes the choice of runways used for takeoffs and landings?

Officially, I do. I generally choose to accept whatever ATC offer me since that's usually the easiest and most convenient option.

Who makes the choice of which instrument approach is used?

See previous question

What is the impact on the your aircraft systems when using a QFE altimeter setting?

None

Is there an impact of using a QFE altimeter setting on the Enhanced Ground Proximity System (EGPWS) orTerrain and Awareness Warning System (TAWS) on your airplane?

No, it's independent of the aircraft setting.

What does the airplane flight manual say about Global Positioning System (GPS) sensor use in non World Geodetic System-1984 (WGS-84) countries?

Nowt

Does it direct you to disable the GPS sensors?

No

Are you able to view the Global Positioning System (GPS) calculated altitudes on your Flight Management System (FMS) while in flight?

Yes

On what Flight Management System (FMS) page are they available to view?

Nav Ctrl page 3/4

Have you ever compared the GPS calculated altitude to the barometric altimeters while in cruise flight at high altitudes or low altitudes?

No

How did they compare roughly?

n/a

How does your meters altimeter round off altitudes? To the nearest 10 feet? 40 feet? 100 feet? 10 meters? 40 meters? 100 meters or what?

10 feet

When do you plan to add TCAS II version 7.1 to your aircraft?

Don't

When do you plan to add Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) capability to your GPS receivers if you are not equipped with WAAS now?

Not at all

When do you plan to add Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B/C) and Controller-Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) if you do not have it?

Never

What is the cost of getting your aircraft equipped with Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast (ADS-B) and Automatic Dependent Surveillance -Contract (ADS-C) for your aircraft?

Don't know

What is the cost for Controller-Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) for your aircraft?

Don't know

What does the Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning system (EGPWS -TAWS) cost for your aircraft?

Came as standard

How many Satellite Based Navigation Systems (SBNS) exist or are under construction today?

Navstar/ GPS - USA, GLONASS - Rus, Galileo - Eur, Beidou/ Compass - China, Le DORIS - France, IRNSS - India, QZSS - Japan. Satphones can also track positions up to a certain extent.

How many Satellite Based Augmentation Systems (SBAS) exist or are under construction today?

Don't know

MONO - QFE is still used at some UK Military airfields. No problems with elevation though

Last edited by kharmael; 28th Jun 2012 at 10:04.