PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 25th Jun 2012, 10:11
Libertine Winno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am indeed, but essentially for two main reasons;

1) I am 26 and have a decent, reasonably well paid job outside of aviation so it makes sense for me to learn modular over 3-4 years fitting around my current work, enabling me to keep any loan I eventually need to an absolute minimum.

It also means that, once I have all my licences, I am not stressing if it takes a year or two to find an airline placement.

2) Even if I wanted to, I don't have access to a £90k+ loan anyway, so integrated is not an option!

I think it depends entirely on your personal situation, and one man's horse is not necessarily another man's.

If you have access to the kind of funding required for an integrated course then I would certainly consider it, but do so very carefully and consider all avenues.

If it were me, I would say the best way is to try and get on the BA FPP, easyJet, FlyBe, Monarch or Qatar schemes that are run through CTC, Oxford and FTE seeing as they give the closest thing to a guaranteed job post-qualification without actually offering any guarantees. If I couldn't get on to one of those I would be quite nervous about having a £90k debt, no guaranteed job and the possibility of £30k more for a type rating.

But again, that's just me!