PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC ATP scheme
Thread: CTC ATP scheme
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2002, 12:55
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go-Around

I'm not going to try and defend CTC against every accusation that's posted on here. As anyone can see I have posted a personal opinion from personal experience. I will however post another more broad personal opinion regarding your last comment, which fair enough, may be just a dig rather than a 'political' opinion.

If CTC have a tie up with a Dutch training school (which I believe they have), then that is business. From my experience of their selection process luck wasn't really much of a factor. That's why they had (not sure on the current process) 4 different phases - you would have to be incredibly lucky to not have the skills but get through all 4 and enter the hold pool.

It's all supply and demand and for those reading this who are considering applying to CTC (or any airline come to that) you need to be astute as to business practice and the Euro market. Any hint of negativity (despite the equality/inequality of the pilot market place) will leave you in the 'rejection letter' pile. This is not me taking the side of bringing in cheap(er) labour from the third world, just an observation for fellow 'little fish' going for interview.

Regards

PP