PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet to close Madrid
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 13:52
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROBMEDIUM, Yuk, you just made me feel quite ill didn't realise the failed pilot was still employed & still unable to cure the chip on his shoulder against those still doing the job he can't.

Basic Service, very lucid & eloquent post about the country I still count as home. If you look at the massive amounts of money & destruction/delays/over-budget caused by the AVE (high speed train) to the centre of Girona , or the new Metro system in Malaga, you can see the absolutely blatant disregard for any common sense in public spending.
Oh, and there is also that lovely airport in Castellon , with it's lovely Bronze statue of the Top Mutt, shame no-one has ever operated a commercial flight there yet. . . . but, what the hell, imagine which percentage was "skimmed" off to enrich the accounts of some worthy politicians.

I heard just the other day that Norwegian are planning to bring forward their expansion, for Capts it seems 1000hr on the B737 with 500 Command is a must, but for FO's 500 on type ,"may" be replaced by "extensive experience on a similar type", maybe worth a go for those of you with good A319 hrs (if anyone under threat this Winter has actually managed to accumulate anything amouting to extensive experience.) & they have 100 A320NEOS on order if you really want to go back on the Bus later.

The only thing that works (most of the time) as intended in Spain , is the Sun.
Next big project is gas exploration just offshore from Malaga, it will be a miracle if they find anything worthwhile, and a miracle is what this country needs. . . .or perhaps a free Winter cruise to the Antartic on the new (Chinese ) Titanic 2 for their politicians . . . . . .now there's an idea
Maybe they could persuade the King there are elephants to hunt up there, and send him along with them for good measure .

Last edited by captplaystation; 23rd Jun 2012 at 14:01.