PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Q400 Flapless Landing at EGHI Yesterday
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 07:29
regor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe Q400 Flapless Landing at EGHI Yesterday

I was on flight BE632 from Guernsey to Southampton yesterday which suffered a problem with its flaps, resulting in two discontinued approaches before the Captain finally announced we would be landing "a bit faster than normal". My seat was right by the trailing edge of the wing so I could see that the flaps had only extended by about 4 or 5 inches before getting 'stuck' They remained in this position after landing and when we got on stand.

First of all, just wanted to say thanks to the crew for keeping us informed of what was going on and the professional way the situation was handled. It made for an exciting landing!

I have flown with Flybe 6 times in the last week and a half and 3 of these flights have been affected by a tech issue of one sort or another. Discussions with other regular Flybe passengers revealed that this is pretty common. This gives me the perception, as a passenger, that the Q400 doesn't exactly have a great track record for reliability. Is this known to be the case with this aircraft type, or I am just adding 2 + 2 and making 5?

Any informed repsonses welcome.

Last edited by regor; 23rd Jun 2012 at 07:31.