PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take your shoes off - Aviation security
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2002, 10:27
nojacketsrequired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I passed through the crew security check last week I set off the bleep on the walkthrough frame.....was I the one they were looking for?!!.

'A very polite can I check your bag?'..when finshed a thank you from the security person....very civil I thought....then next the security agent who by looking had profiled me and had made the decision I was Bin Ladens cabin crew contact determined to help bring his own aircraft down in the mecca(excuse the pun) of Staines.

A personal somewhat close body search followed....still nothing
to get me for.....the next words uttered where 'sole check'....
I replied 'Bobby Brown,Luther Vandross,Barry White' ,
I could'nt resist and I found it funny and it was my way of getting round the new era we live in as aviators.
As for the guard he was doing the job he's been directed to do by our over reactionary authorities and had to do it another hundred times that day.

I do not like these checks they have gone too far I have been screened and had an airport ID for 18 years.I have come across some of the best humour from all areas of airline people and hope even in these bad times that this remains with us and does not become forbidden by the idiots in Whitehall.

Next time you pass through crew security look out for the signs,
'you are now entering a no smiling zone'.

NJR ('Fly To Serve' no longer on the tail but still in the heart)