PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Deccan Part II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2012, 04:40
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vishwas

Is FDI good or bad.....? Well free trade has never hurt anyone in the long run. Things always even out. FDI in Civil Aviation has been permitted just direct investment from foreign airlines not. I do not think changing this now will really make a big difference to the current scenario. Foreign airlines entering India 15 years ago or more might have made a difference as they would have brought management and operational experience. Do review Emirates in Sri Lankan and they are still bleeding. In my opinion there will be no takers as airlines globally do not have piles of cash to invest.

What will make a big difference is that if somehow radical decisions were taken to reduce the operating costs by means of taxation and fees as well as maybe look at hiving AI off to a competent public company in tranches and letting go of control. Build the new airports into hubs and leverage that to reduce costs.

If only the big guns of aviation would concentrate on this rather than pulling each others panties down it might just work.

I do believe that the new aviation minister is more sincere than the past and his family has a 50 year track record of breaking the back of stubborn irrational unions/demands as well as leveraging with this government.

Till the current FM is not firmly entrenched in his new seat and out of the govt however nothing will happen.

A small tip: I have a strong feeling that your sms typing might get pulled up by the mods, besides it being hard to comprehend your questions.