PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another OTT kneejerk reaction?
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2002, 01:02
kbf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A (reasonably) fair point Bored, but a case overstated. As most pilots have no wish to meet an early demise I would suggest that the vast majority (i.e. 99.999999%) will check the currency of their charts, en route supps etc before planning a flight uing them. Therefore what possible harm can stocking old charts, plates, Aerad Dirs an en route supps hold? I would suggest none, and no reason emerges that I can think of for keeping them out of the public domain either. I doubt very much that Al Quaeda will look to repat 911 because vigilance has improved (sic) since then. I would suggest that they will now be looking for another soft target, and so keeping avn at more than an arms reach of enthusiasts will be detremental to the cause of avn. I would also argue that many of the decisions taken in the past 15 months have been based on the premise of doing something, even if poorly considered, is better than doing nothing and so we have some ill-conceived regulations coming out of the DfT and some over-reaching SOPs from airlines.

Just my £0.02