PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 21st Jun 2012, 20:26
TheMellowLife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys

I was wondering whether anybody had considered doing their pilot training as a complete career change much later on? I do understand there is a whole spectrum of "what age is ideal" arguments.

I've only just started my A levels, so I suppose you could say time is on my side. I've decided I want to go to university, obviously to get a degree but also for the experience , friendships etc. I dont want to do the modular route because truth be told I don't see many opportunites afterwards. Going straight into integrated is out of the question because in doing so it would be very selfish on my part, as it wouldn't allow my 2 younger brothers the same chance at whatever they wanted to do.

Im probably being rather naive here I appreciate that, but how realistic would it be if I got a good career behind me, doing odd bits of flying, paying off debts and saving up cash, eventually to try and get on an integrated course? If I have a family by that point then most likely flying will be a hobby. I'm happy either way to be honest.

Any constructive advice and opinions would be appreciated. Go easy- it's my first post.