PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 20th Jun 2012, 21:52
student88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a) If you can afford integrated is it worth the extra money
- No, the European financial **** storm on the horizon is going to ruin integrated students lives just as badly as modular.

b) If you chose modular, could you fit training around seasonal or part time overseas work
- Yes, however when it comes to doing your CPL ME and IR I'd suggest you do these modules in one sitting i.e. take 4 weeks off to do the CPL, go back to work, a week to do the ME, back to work then a couple of months for the IR, back to work. I did the IR around full time employment and believe me it was a ball ache. Take the time off and give it 100% of your attention.

c) If you studied full time for a modular course instead of integrated what are the differences aside from one's residential?
- If you plan it well and work your arse off you will complete the modular course quicker than the integrated. I managed to get from zero to CPL ME IR in about £50K so it's a bit cheaper too but how much you value the 'apparent' increase in chances of getting a job is up to you.

d) How much of a benefit is it to have a few years life experience and responsibility when applying for your first position in the industry?
- It depends how mature you are to start with. Optimum age seems to be around the 25 mark (in my opinion).