PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 20th Jun 2012, 11:45
student88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paying extra and going integrated puts you into a hold pool at the end of your training. How long you sit there waiting for a job depends on the market conditions at the time of graduation. I'd say you have a much better chance of getting a job after training with CTC as they seem to be feeding most of the hungry mouths at the moment.

You seem young so if I was your Dad I'd be telling you to do your GCSEs and A Levels before considering any type of training. There is no need to rush as the economy on a european level is on very fragile ground. Low cost airlines seem to have a promising future ahead of them so take a good look at the FTOs who have a good relationship with these. If you are interested in Ryanair then modular or integrated may suit you as their FOs seem to come from a wide spectrum of sources (OAA/FTE/SFC). EasyJet mainly gets FOs from CTC but there are a few MPL students coming in from OAA. They have also taken on a number of ex-airforce pilots also.

Modular is cheaper, you do have a chance of getting a job but it is smaller than the chance you will have from attending integrated.

Elitist comments don't help anyone.