PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disillusioned with G.A
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2002, 09:16
Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One point that I feel has not been mentioned is the economical viability of a company, how many companies out there are operating new aircraft, how many aviation companies just make too much money, very very few i'd imagine.

Many pilots feel that just because they have a license the industry owes them a living, some other industires can be categorised as adult day care centres, can afford to do this in GA ?.

Some companies just can not afford to pay, fuel, insurance, repayments on four C208 (50k per month each),maintenance, office staff, phone bills, power, work car, staff accomodation, uniforms and a salary for two pilots for each aircraft etc etc.

This is really not about aviation, the saying " the harder i work the luckier i get" makes a bit of sense, not industry specific. To those flying in GA now, do you expect to be here in 5 years. We are all doing our apprenticeship.

On another note there is a living to be made within GA, in my opinion it is a reasonable one, i would like to earn more (who wouldn't) but i personally am doing what i love, end of story.