PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emb145 Command or A320 First Officer?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2012, 16:53
Paragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting replies! It does seem a shame to be so close to a command only to make a move that will almost certainly push it back at lest a decade!

Originally Posted by PENNINE BOY
Embraer seems to be a good rating to have,
I have to disagree with you as almost none of the Captains I fly with are able to make a direct entry move anywhere, let alone onto an A320 which is where most of the UK jobs are. Also a 10,000hr Emb145 Captain couldn't join Virgin as an FO even if they wanted to.

Originally Posted by goodpic
another question is that how many years have you been in the business and how old are you?
About 7 years, and early-mid 30s!

Originally Posted by VijayMallya
Ending on a thought, if something were to happen to your airline... Will it be easy for you to get another job as a 320 FO or Emb145 captain?
Well, perceived job security where I am is currently not exactly great, hence the thoughts about jumping ship before it sinks. As for which would be most employable; Emb145 Captain or A320 FO? Well there are far more A320s than Emb145s operated in the UK, and all the jobs I've seen require a type rating and 500hrs on type. It doesn't matter how many 21 ton command hours you have if you are not type rated.

That's the question isn't it? In 2 years time, would I be in a more employable position for a decent UK job with more Emb145 hours albeit about a thousand in command or 1000hrs A320 as FO?