PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dana Air Passenger plane 'crashes into building in Lagos'
Old 12th Jun 2012, 21:47
Golf_Seirra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tragic event......on the lighter side, the comments from the above link have some of the most insightful views of modern aviation in Africa. I think most people still believe it to be some form of magic.....anyone got a magic wand to resolve Africa's problems ?

"HAVING SEEN EMERGENCY EVACUATION OPERATION CARRIED OUT FROM THE LARGEST COMMERCIAL AIRLINER IN THE WORLD AIRBUS A380 CONDUCTED,I WILL SINCERELY ADVICE THAT AIRBUS,BOEING & CO TO START DEVELOPING A SYSTEM BY DEPLOYING AN EMERGENCY EVACUATION PARACHUTE ON EVERY PASSENGER’S ON-BOARD SEATS,AS SOON AS PILOT ANNOUNCES DUAL ENGINE FAILURE,THEN THE PILOT WILL WAIT FOR THE AIRCRAFT TOO AT LEAST GET TO 800-700 FEET WHERE PEOPLE CAN BREATH BEFORE AUTOMATIC EJECT FROM HIS SWITCH GEAR IN THE COCK PIT,I KNOWN THIS PROJECT HIS EXPENSIVE BUT HOW MUCH IS LIFE ITSELF WORTH."

"This investigation is good; i think is the first of its kind in Nigeria, well done puch crew. Back to the crashed matter,the plane was over loaded both buy human and logages,this reduced the speed of the plane and also forced it to come down immediately the engine shot down.An airplane suppose to glide for at least 15 minutes after engine failure but this one droppped immediately? another factor i want to mention here is that most of crashes has alway been on weekends, meaning that the trafic controller that are experienced are not alway around as the case maybe "to give meanful advice to pilots when we have such emergency.Lets look at that as well."

" If both your aircraft engines get fried and you have only “five minutes” to go down as claimed, start dumping your fuel fast! It will reduce the intensity and duration of a fire in the event of one (and possibly save lives).

Also, if the aircraft’s nose was tipped upward like witnesses said, that indicates a lack of jet propulsion. It is the same physics principle if you’ve ever played with a cylindrical-shaped balloon that releases air and flies through the air.

A descent of 5000 feet in 5 minutes gives about 16 feet per second. That is faster than a huge vulture would drop from the skies after it is has been shot in the head. Any experienced pilot knows they would never have made it to the runway.

That both engines of a commercial aircraft failed right after take-off reflects either: (1) gross negligence (2) a conspiracy."