PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nigeria Crew stranded in Dakar
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2012, 20:52
phenomenom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Capt

Thanks for your mail below.
Unfortunately the country manager says there is no point for the GM Finance to be giving approval for money they have not sent to Dakar.How does Gm Finance what him to buy tickets for 7 crew and pay for $3,780.00c feeding allowance.
I am beginning to get pissed off by flight operations and Finance department sending deceptive mails saying they have approved money that does not exist.
Now we are unable to make tonight's flight on Arik due non transfer of funds from finance department Lagos to Dakar country manager.

I would like to let it be known by all that Air Nigeria is messing with my family life and has held me captive here in Dakar against my will,the rest of my crew feels the same way.
I have a female crew here who's husband is very furious and can not believe that an Airline such as Air Nigeria would abandon its crew in a foreign land without money to feed let alone bring them back home for over 12 days.I had to speak with the husband to calm him down.
My wife also believes that i am lying to her and that no airline in the world would abandon its crew.(She needs to know the reality in Air Nigeria)

Capt you are the DFO and its your responsibility to bring your crew home!!!
We stand the chance of having members of the press exploit *this unfortunate situation.

Arik air fly's again on Wednesday morning by 1.30am,Please for the last time,ensure finance department sends the money to Dakar tomorrow.
Please do not let me take actions we will all regret.i have been pushed to the limit.

Capt xxxxx