PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Redundancy Tranche 2 delayed.
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2012, 15:08
sidewayspeak

I have personally spoken to several people who have been made compulsory redundant at various points short of an IP point.... e.g chap on my CTW was less than 2 years away. Bast-ardo. I feel for them - they will lose out on hundreds of thousands over the remainder of their lifetime. The MOD have really shown how harsh and disloyal they have become to their staff.

In addition, the waiver on the DIN that introduces just 3 MONTHS notice for future redundancies runs out after 2013. So in future, they can kick you out with just 3 month's notice, but expect you to stay for 12-18 months depending on Service needs! Astounding how they believe that terms and conditions could be so skewed in favour of the MOD.

I wasn't eligible, but have PVR'd anyway. I think I have got out at the right time, and would never recommend it as a career choice for bright youngsters unless they want a few years of finishing school (a la Sandhurst) prior to entering the city/finding a real career job. Not bitter, just personal opinion on the way the generous terms and conditions I joined under have been eroded to the point that it is no longer an attractive option.

Good luck to all who got good/bad news. Take your bag of cash and find someone who appreciates your skills.