PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dana Air Passenger plane 'crashes into building in Lagos'
Old 11th Jun 2012, 20:36
ediks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that Sir, but it all seems a bit.....quick??
I thought the NCAA are supposed to have stopped issuing validations based on foreign licences so he'd have required a Nigerian Licence which involved sitting for the air law exam, the MD-83 type technical, processing his Licence (ie waiting for the NCAA to issue it, not exactly a speedy process) then doing the number of required sectors during line training before being checked out during his line check.
Even though he was a very experienced pilot with loads of time on the MD-83 how much time did he have in Nigeria? I'm assuming (not a good thing to do I know) that this was the first time he'd flown in Nigeria and so it would have been good practice to pair him with someone who understood the environment well and could serve as an experienced copilot.
What do we know about the gentleman he was flying with that day? How long had he been in Nigeria??
Did the two of them together constitute an "experienced" crew in Nigerian airspace and more importantly within the Dana operational framework?