PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nigeria Crew stranded in Dakar
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2012, 20:27
headbraker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Nigeria Crew stranded in Dakar

I had the chance to meet with the Boeing crew of Air Nigeria on June 1st and was surprised to still meet them on ground in Dakar for over 11 days when I had my second flight into Dakar today, Seven Crew members of a Boeing 737 are still in Dakar .

The crew told me that Air Nigeria is Owing the ........ International Hotel the amount of $137,000 which has not Payed to the hotel and That the Crew are not allowed to have Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner during their accomodation , which they did not have any Meal option since their Initial stay on June 1st, and soon will be ejected from the hotel. Also that Air Nigeria did not send any money for food allowance and Etc. The company promised to send money for the return of the crew from Dakar on arik flight and yet the finance department is to approve the money.

I felt very bad when some of the crew members were crying becuase they were hungry and did not have money to call their families. Some female crew said that she was unable to purchase .......Pads for her personal Use
and higene.

Its really not nice of me as a professional Airline Captain to say that i have offered lunch to 2 crew members. Ohhhhhh My God, Wow I have never seen any body eat that much and quantity of food. I also feel ashamed to tell you one of the crew members had to hide some food for probably dinner.

honestly speaking I almost cried and Thanked god for the Airline i was working for, I have never seen such behaviour of an Airline towards its crew such as Air Nigeria.

May God have Mercy on these Crew and bring them back home.