PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mess in Delhi today
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2012, 06:30
GE90-115B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fail to see the problem. I've seen better. Direct the IAF from ~500nm out. Also seen direct the airport ~800nm out. What's the problem?
The problem was .. the same clearance was issued to us and two other saudia aircraft inbound to land in the same airport from different directions. The two habibis in saudia aircraft spoke something to each other and we obviously being a turboprop were third in sequence.

Try this..

Tower: XXX cleared for immediate take off behind saudia (B777) from intersection.
Me: Sir, unable to accept your clearance due wake turbulence separation requirement. (we were medium)
Tower: Uhhh .. (some chat in the background) followed by no response.
Me: Tower did u copy ?
Tower: Ok I know wake turbulence ok .. you are cleared for takeoff immediately when clear of the wake turbulence !!! ?
Me: Cleared for take off immediately when clear of the wake turbulence

Usually airports in this region are alright with dubai being the best. But sometimes the arrival in dubai is so tight that we feel a bit of wake from the preceding aircraft especially during peak arrival times and always have to stay a 100 feet above the assigned altitude during vectors on approach.

I have not flown in India yet and cant wait to fly there and as many of you have quoted, even I ve heard chennai is the best. I was recently talking to an Approach controller based out of chennai and he says the problem in chennai especially when the runway in use is 25, is the non availability of rapid exit taxi way or a suitable exit from the runway as a result he has to give extra track miles between simultaneous arrivals.