PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans ID card
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2012, 09:28
NutLoose

Received 2,941 Likes on 1,253 Posts
How about looking at it on another tact, what can you get, I will start the ball rolling...

As a RAF or Army, ( it does not mention RN lol ) engineers you are entitled to ask for a Halfords Trade Card and get various discounts on their shop prices,

details here

Halfords Advice Centre | Trade Card | Customer Services

Some stores simply do it on your ID

Halfords Trade Card for Forces - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Halfords trade card is one of the best discount cards going. They have never entered the trade market before and are aggressively lowering there prices to beat all competition. I am a mechanic in the Army and I had the full brief from one of there card suppliers. If you can get one without showing any quals then get one while you can because they are not meant to be to non mechanics and they could tighten up in future.

The card doesnt give reductions on the push bikes etc but huge savings elsewhere. They also send through discounts about every 2 months. Here are some examples that I have had:

Discount voucher: Halfords diesel oil £10 This is good quality oil and was for 5 litres which is enough for a complete oil change on most cars.

Trade card: I went for the best quality battery that they do for my 2 litre deisel. This was a calcium one and is guaranteed for 4 years. Original price £100- trade card got it for £50

New wiper rubber, should be £8.00 came to £2.50 with the card.

My advise is to get one while you can because once you got one its yours forever. Yep, thats right, no expiry date, they are good for life. Yahoo!
Discounts vary, but just google them, they do offer it on tools, so will be handy for anyone leaving and wishing to become an Engineer in Civi street as their proffessional range is very good, I buy the odd cheapies to modify to suit jobs, and don't mess up my Snap Off stuff with angle grinders..

Last edited by NutLoose; 5th Jun 2012 at 09:39.