PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I back at the beginning ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 17:54
a320renewal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stay away of JAA, I have both, FAA and JAA, and I regret my conversion to JAA.All my friends fly on FAA certificate,in asia& africa , or on "N" in europe.

the guys I know with JAA are now jobless or have worked a little until their company goes bust.most are very unhappy about their situation because they know once they are out, they need 500h on the plane to change plane and now they have to pay for everything.

..and you keep rating forever than these 5 years fu...g limit on rating in the JAA land.

sorry guys, but JAA is failing as well the EASA even recruiters now in asia and africa want FAA when in the past they wanted JAA, but too expensive, and gov change their mind and went back to FAA.

I show my 2 licences one day to a recruiter and he told me;"oh, good you have FAA, because we prefer FAA"

I don't give a toss anymore of this JAA( at 43, impossible to get hired by a big airlines,ryanair and others want kids only) and stay with my FAA, cost me practically nothing, a flight review when I want,. certif for life, cheap type ratings (9000$ for an a320 against 35'000 euro in JAAland), positive attitude through the FAA system, no landing fee, no student tax, etc....the dream!!!!

in europe there is NO(or close of 0.001%) jobs in aviation unless your are a god captain with xxxxxx hours on jet or the lucky one to join ryanair, so forget about it! not worth the 80-100000 pounds invested in this EU flying dream.

Plenty of guys with 300h , type rating 320, and will never get a job because time pass, and after 1-2 years unemployed airlines don't want us..

Last edited by a320renewal; 3rd Jun 2012 at 18:04.