PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avcanada censorship
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 17:54
Minorite invisible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same kind of censorship often goes on here. I had my posts deleted and I was even banned from PPrune for a period, some years ago.

The subject was flying troops into and out of Afghanistan. The British, US and Canadian troops all required that their troops be exclusively rotated in and out of Afghanistan on military aircraft that were fitted with missile protection (DAS). Other countries like the French, the Dutch, the Danes or the Germans did not have that requirement. Canada, which until 2007 had 5 A-310s with no DAS, never flew any of them into Afghanistan. They went as far as Dubai and changed to C-130s from there. It's fleet of Bombardier Challengers never did medevacs out of Afghanistan for the same reasons. They only used the protected Hercs, and later the C-17s.

I stated that several airlines flew commercially into Afghanistan quite safely, and that the Taliban had no AA missiles, that there had not been a single documented case of an AA missile fired at any aircraft since the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan (there still hasn't been any) and that I thought that this measure was in place to give the military transports the monopoly of flying all troops so that contracts would not be given out to cheaper commercial charters like British Airways. I gave examples of unprotected civilian aircraft that were flying inside of Afghanistan for NATO and of the UN airlines that also flew in and out, with no incidents. All of the information I provided was public information gleaned off the Web.

I was accused of putting the troops at risk and my posts and the replies they generated were taken down. I was banned from PPRune for x weeks........

Probably some British Military sent a message to a Mod requesting that I be gagged and he/she gladly obliged........