PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ACASS Watch Out!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2012, 14:51
theaviator2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACASS Watch Out!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick head's up.

Was contacted by ACASS to do a 4-6 weeks contract, as ALWAYS with ACASS they never like to tell you where the location is unless you already signed a contract but i had a feeling about the location and asked of which they responded and told me i was right.

The location they wanted to send me was TRIPOLI in Libya, yes I do know that the NATO lead war is over but Libya is still a very active and dangerous country to go to.

Having spend several years in the Military, I've had the pleasure of visiting Iraq, Afghanistan and former Yugoslavia, but knowing Africa and the Middle East a place like Libya is NOT a place you wanna go. Specially not now.

Alone this month they had several Shootings and violent clashes in Tripoli, the City ACASS want you based.

I emailed Acass and told them my concern to which their response was that they send pilots to where every they need to go, and as they said placed them in Secure compounds.... THERE IS NOTHING SECURE IN A PLACE LIKE LIBYA...

Sending pilots to places like this is a big disappointment in my eyes, the lack of respect and lack of concern towards pilots has surprised me but maybe that is just me!!!

What do you guys think....???