PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus pilots are dangerous
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2012, 23:38
QFF

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I understand where you're coming from. My comments are directed mainly at owners/pilots of Cirruses (?) in which that is the only aircraft they will fly.

I agree there is ABSOLUTELY no substitute for training. But if you have an option like the chute, it is frustrating to see Cirrus planes crash with a perfectly good chute behind them - hence, I believe, what prompted Dick Collins' article.

Again - the common denominator is the pilot. Sure, if you are a proficient aerobatic display pilot who spins your aircraft on a daily or weekly basis, your chances of survival are increased already because you probably would not allow yourself to be in a position where you would need to use your much practised skill. But if you are a Cirrus owner who flies once a month, I would suggest that when the proverbial hits the fan, the parachute would be a better option that offers a 100% chance of survival after which you can walk away and book a spot on that emergency manoeuvres training course that you were always too busy to do...