PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This is going to be fun !
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2012, 16:06
FERetd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Democracy???

Rabina, and Two's in

Rabin Quote:
Guys - why so hostile? You get the government you deserved, they do what they feel the consensus want. If you don't like it, change the color on your voting forms next time around.
Two's in, Quote " Pointing out how a democracy works always upsets those who thought a democracy meant just their ideas, and not the other team's ideas!"

You are obviously compltetely ignorant of how "democracy " works in the European Union. Let me give you an example from a U.K. perspective:-

There has never been a referendum in this country about entry to the European Union or its forerunner the European Common Market. There was a referendum, once, about remaining in the European Common Market.

European law is made by unelected civil servants and unelected European Commissioners. The European parliament merely votes to approve or disapprove any such law.

European constitutions are changed and citizens (U.K.) are denied a vote to accept or reject the new constitution despite promises from the two main political parties in this country.

The constitution is altered slightly, called a "Treaty" and then no approval from the electorate is deemed necessary.

Even where referenda are held in Europe, they are repeated until the European Commissioners get the answer they want. For example, twice in Ireland over entry to the Euro zone and twice in Ireland over acceptance the new Constitution/Treaty. Not even a best of three option!

PPRune is not really the forum for political debate, but you ought to know the facts before commenting on my "democracy".

Do you have room for an assylum seeker in the U.S? I can pay my own way!