PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many hours student pilot generally have when going first solo?
Old 24th May 2012, 01:23
roger_hujin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot Keg.

I do not worry too much about the V/s thing. The runway perspective is the major reference for glide slop, I do understand it. I never tried to reference or target the V/S. so I think if it looks not shallow, it is not shallow.

Also thank you for the answer for the centerline. In the video I posted, I do tried once to turn back to the center line with rudder right before flare, it looks not that good.

Your reminder of taking it back to basic is also great. I think that is the way I am thinking. I am not trying to pile myself up with the tricks and tips and hope it can solve my problem. I am trying to dig out what I did right and what I did wrong on basic flying technique by reading your experts observations. Then I can fix the basics. What I got so far is I am still not relax enough so overcontrol sometimes happens, not trimmed to the best, and also need to fly base leg better in terms of managing descend rater. Then combined with just a few tips, I believe that will make me a better pilot.

Thanks a lot for your kind comments and I do enjoy this "hard work".