PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many hours student pilot generally have when going first solo?
Old 24th May 2012, 00:26
roger_hujin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Jas,

Thanks for your comments. I have start workign on my speed control issue on final so it will be fixed shortly I believe.

You mentioned in one post about targetting 300 fpm descent on final. That's a new one for me. Your aim point and airspeed are the most important items when on final.
I am sorry for the confusion, this 300fpm thing (actually 5 times ground speed, so 60kts make 300fpm) is just a rule of thumb my instructor taught me, I completely understand aiming point and speed are things I should pay attention to on visual approach, never tried or think about targetting a descend rate. It might be used as another source to confirm the profile, but never targetting on it.

There are ways to deal with it. The simplest is just slow down on downwind. Select 2200 rpm and let the guy flying the 5er get ahead of you, even if you are flying inside him. By slowing down that little bit, you'll be able to fly your 3miler and remain behind him.
Wow, never think about I can do this, what should I tell the tower when he tell me to follow a warrior on a wide circuit?

You mentioned trimming is still a bit of an issue. Read back what several of us said about that, then look at the video and your left hand.
Yes, that is what I am doing and there a heaps of great advices from your guys.

Thanks for having the nads to put your video's up. Was quite enjoyable viewing. (sincere, not sarcasm here)
Great to know it is a 'enjoyable viewing', not a horrified one. Thanks for your good comments.