PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many hours student pilot generally have when going first solo?
Old 24th May 2012, 00:18
roger_hujin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey OzBusDriver, there is nothing to apologies about at all. I knew you were trying to help me so thank you for your advices. You are not on that airplane and it is very difficult to make any comments out of just this video shot, and I did not mention it is YMMB, so that is completely all right and I really appreciate your help.

Are you starting your descent immeadiatly after turning base?
I think in these three laps, I started descending during the base turn. I reduced the power on later downwind and do a descending turn to base. When sometimes goes wide or sometimes goes narrow, I was not managing the descend rate on base very well, still need more practise and experience on this.

it is that sight picture that remains the same.
Yes, completely understand this. I did have a couple of circuits that day which I managed speed on final a little bit better, maybe I can edit another piece of vide and post here.

looking at your flare, you do not have far to go...
Thansk a lot for the encourgement.

just adjust your descent on base so you keep a more even profile...but you certainly appear safe...just cannot hear what your instructor is saying...if he is quiet or less talkative than previous flights you are knocking on the door...keep it safe
Instructor did not talk as much as before, so I am making some progress! Thanks for the help.