PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many hours student pilot generally have when going first solo?
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:44
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Roger, appols for being a bit harsh there. AND overstepped myself a bit. You are flying out of Moorabbin so I am needing a good kick. I am chastising myself for this. Appology, mate. You are hitting the right spot exactly 1nm from the runway threshold at 500ft. OK.

My advice will now seem somewhat devalued...and cannot blame you for this.

So, combination of power setting and attitude gives you a low descent rate and faster speed. From the look of this in a better light, fixing up the base leg could well mean not starting your descent until after the turn and until you get a bit closer to that exact same final turn point you are using now.

Are you starting your descent immeadiatly after turning base?

MB is notorious for wide circuits. Keeping power up to maintain height and then keeping near that power setting down final will result in that profile. Try ensuring you are at 1500rpm at that same final position should result in the correct profile and a lower speed. If you want, you could fly a C152 at the same approach speed as a B200 and still follow the same profile as you would as if you were at full flap and 60kts...it is that sight picture that remains the same.

After digging myself a huge hole, I shall now try and bury myself Appologies once again...looking at your flare, you do not have far to go...just adjust your descent on base so you keep a more even profile...but you certainly appear safe...just cannot hear what your instructor is saying...if he is quiet or less talkative than previous flights you are knocking on the door...keep it safe

Last edited by OZBUSDRIVER; 23rd May 2012 at 09:52.