PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many hours student pilot generally have when going first solo?
Old 23rd May 2012, 06:06
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Roger H, I think you may need to find another instructor.

I am PPL with bugga all hours but you are being taught to fly a 3degree profile. You are carrying too much speed for a C172 you are waaaaay flat on your approaches, because of that speed you are throttling back a long way out to keep that profile to the flare...which is pretty good...the flare that is.

Just looking at the times on your three approaches. Either your instructor is slack or you are being taught to hold 650ft on base until you intercept the final approach. Then you are keeping 70-75kts at 300fpm all the way to the threshold???? This smells like a sausage factory...unless you want to continue ALL the way from ab-initio to a direct entry cadet into the airlines, your instructors are doing you a great disservice at your current level of training....please note...I am only PPL but thats what it looks like to me.

EDIT- Get your instructor to show you a power off glide approach...hopefully, you will see what I mean

Last edited by OZBUSDRIVER; 23rd May 2012 at 06:15.