PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many hours student pilot generally have when going first solo?
Old 23rd May 2012, 00:43
roger_hujin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have some video shot from the flight last week. I had 8 circuits that day but the whole video is about an hour. Edited and cut three base to final and then touch and go sections and make a short video (5 minutes).

I will really appreciate if you guys can watch it and point out what I did right and what I did wrong in the video

I still have some problem on directional control during flare. I am a bit confused about how to correct it when I found I am just a few meters left to the center line right at the moment to start flare. Should I use rudder to turn aircraft to intercept the center line and then turn back or I should hold aircraft aligned with center line by rudder and use aileron to side slip to the center line.

I tried to step the rudder once in the video on the second landing, it seems not the best way.

?rel=0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen>

Last edited by roger_hujin; 23rd May 2012 at 00:47.