PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2012, 23:27
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I refer to post 1137 from S1E. Can I also state now that this is in no way any criticism towards S1E.

I find the comments very interesting and are a commentary on how many in the UK now think. We accept really poor standards here and when an organisation tries to stand out, we immediately start to question the wisdom of what they are doing.

I have often compared Lhr/Lgw in the past to Hkg and Sin. Arriving back from Hkg/Sin, the first thing that always struck me was how dirty our airports were compared to the two I have mentioned. Arriving at these 2 airports is , for many, their first impression of the UK and a good impression they get, dirt, rubbish, just awful. I can only assume that a major part of the problem in the past was that BAA was not prepared to pay for enough cleaners, nor were they interested in checking the quality of the work.

Now we have Lgw making a major effort to change this aspect of airports. What they are trying to do is what we should want, expect. Lgw should be supported for the efforts that they are making at an airport that was, for years, neglected. Why should we not want what Lgw are now trying to provide? If it can be done at Hkg/Sin, why should we not expect the same here? I expect it and I applaud lgw for the efforts they are making. And they can improve more, I would love to take the Chief Exec on a walk through domestic arrivals in the North terminal and show him what I see.

Show your support for an airport trying to make a difference and refuse the awful standards we see in most aspects of our daily lives.

TB